As we start a new year, the “Best of 2013” lists start to catch my attention. I thought this one was particularly lovely.
For everyone who loves love.
1. Leslie’s wish with a few months left to live: to marry her high school sweetheart, Daniel.
2. The story of Jesse and Kelly.
Jesse Cottle was serving in Afghanistan when he stepped on an IED, losing both of his legs. He met Kelly during his recovery, and they fell in love and eventually married. Jesse says: “If I hadn’t stepped on that IED I wouldn’t have met her. I wouldn’t take it back ever.”
3. Spencer’s Home Depot proposal.
4. This groom overwhelmed with emotion at his wedding.
6. The man who just wanted to make his wife laugh while she was enduring chemotherapy.
7. This wedding, and the thousands of others made possible by increasing marriage equality.
8. The Pugprosal.
9. This love song, 73 years in the making.
11. Japanese husbands shouting their feelings of love for their wives.
12. The Harry Potter proposal.
13. Jenn was afraid that her aggressive cancer would force her to cancel her wedding, but the the kindness of strangers crowdfunded it wedding to ensure it would happen in time.
14. This couple.
“We were best friends in high school.”
“Did you both know the other was gay?”
“I knew she was. She didn’t know I was.”
“So how did she find out?”
“I wrote her a love letter.”