Now that winter is upon us, I had to share this lovely blog article by White+White Weddings and Events about weddings in the colder months:
As the days start to cool down its time to start planning your dreamy winter wedding. Don’t shy away from the cold; winter days bring perfect clear blue skies, gorgeous photos and cosy loved up nights. It is no longer a time for wedding hibernation, as trends move to autumn and winter weddings, especially in Australia’s gorgeous climate. There are so many reasons to love the cooler seasons and here’s why.
WARMTH & LIGHT
- Intimate indoor spaces; barns, warehouses, libraries, art galleries, halls and restaurants provide wonderful settings away from the cool night air.
- Fire; bonfires and brasseries add warmth and magic to outdoor and country receptions. Pair this with a big basket of wraps and blankets for your guests to really enjoy the night in comfort.
- Festive food; – pack your menu full of hearty soups, hug mugs full of hot chocolate and plenty of mulled wine to warm the soul.
- Rugged up Bride and Groom; add beautiful detail to your dress with luscious lacy long sleeves, styled cardigans and wraps, and long formal dresses. Your groom will love dressing up too. Explore warm and textured fabrics like wool and tweed or accessorise him with a scarf, necktie, hat, vest or waist coat.
- Look fresh; dazzle the whole day with fresh makeup and hair that won’t be affected by the heat and humidity of summer. You’ll look radiant in the winter sunshine.
IMAGE CREDITS (L-R):
Lace Back Wedding Dress and Winter Hairpiece http://www.pinterest.com/pin/499758889872409752/
Long Sleeves Wedding Dress http://www.stylemepretty.com/2014/02/25/organic-provencal-editorial-get-the-look/
Tweed Suit http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cd/8c/ed/cd8cedd0e87e83b1a8dd29e8a77c7a95.jpg
IMAGE CREDIT (L-R):
Blue Suit http://styleguy.tumblr.com/post/72810372923
Autumn Wedding Arbour http://burnettsboards.com/2013/09/autumn-wedding-palette/
Winter Wedding Wrap Bolero http://www.pinterest.com/pin/125678645822752893/
- Natural inspiration; use nature as your backdrop for your winter wedding wonderland – incorporate branches, leaves, pine cones, trees and the gold, red and grey hues of the season in your colour palette.
- Harvest abundance; use seasonal festive fruits and vegetables (figs, quinces, pomegranates, apples, lemons, pears, persimmons, pumpkins) to fill your tables with lavish decoration.
- Light; candles, candles and more candles – romance the cold away with glass ball votives, pillar candles, lanterns and fairy lights. Or capture the clarity of clear winter skies and warm sunlight with a daytime wedding.
IMAGE CREDIT (L-R)
Hanging Glass Votives http://www.pinterest.com/pin/358669557795318939/
Winter Table Setting http://blog.heylook.fi/2011/09/autumn-wedding-inspiration.html
Mulled Wine http://www.flourishingfoodie.com/2012/12/mulled-wine.html
Branches and Candles http://www.pinterest.com/pin/499758889872409603/
Credits: Original blog article by White+White Weddings and Events